UK HealthCare's Administrative Fellowship program offers talented and aspiring professionals interested in health care administration an opportunity to experience the broad array of administrative functions of a large academic medical center. This two-year program will take fellows through a series of required and elective educational rotations to provide a mix of broad exposure and practical work experience spanning the breadth of UK HealthCare’s hospitals, colleges and administrative services.
Candidates for the administrative fellowship program are likely to have recently matriculated from a Masters in Health Administration or a Masters in Business Administration program. The successful candidate will have a proven academic record and work experience that demonstrates their ability to excel.
Fellows will be compensated during the fellowship with salary and benefits commensurate with the PGY-1 and 2 post-graduate programs. Fellows will be selected by the Fellowship Committee (members below) following an application, screening, interview and campus visit process.
Fellows will be assigned a preceptor for their two-year fellowship. Project reporting, progress evaluations, and feedback will be facilitated by the preceptor to ensure continuous competency development for the fellow. Additionally, each rotation will have an identified mentor who will oversee and provide input into the fellow’s rotation. It is anticipated that a fellow will have a project or initiative that is the focus of their effort for each rotation. Fellows will have ongoing opportunities to present their work to Executive Leadership throughout the two-year duration.
Fellows will receive evaluation and feedback periodically from their fellowship preceptor throughout the two-year period. Additionally, the rotation mentor will provide regular coaching and evaluation of the fellow and their work. Each fellow will receive a certificate upon completion of the fellowship.
- Justin Campbell, MBA, MSHA, FACHE
- Gloria Tyler, Administrative Assistant to the Chief Administrative Officer
- Justin Campbell, MBA, MSHA, FACHE, Associate Hospital Adminstrator
- Colleen Swartz, DNP, MSN, RN, FNAP, Chief Nurse Exec and Chief Admin Officer
- Bo Cofield, Chief Clinical Operations Officer
- J.J. Housley, PharmD, MBA, Enterprise Operations Director, UK HealthCare
- John Phillips, Ambulatory Services Director
- Byron Gabbard, Associate CFO
- Rob Edwards, Chief External Affairs Officer
- Current Fellows
- June 12, 2018 - NAFCAS begins accepting applications
- October 1, 2018 - NAFCAS Application deadline
- October 9-11, 2018 - Phone interviews
- October 25-26, 2018 - On-site interviews in Lexington, Kentucky
- November 12, 2018 - Offer(s) extended
- July 1, 2019 - Fellow's start date
We are a proud member of the National Council on Administrative Fellowships.