University of Kentucky, Lexington, Ky
General Surgery, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Ky
Surgical Critical Care and Trauma - The Ryder Trauma Center, Jackson Memorial Hospital, Miami, Florida
Surgical Critical Care
Transfusion and Hemostatic Resuscitation
Nutrition and metabolism
Acute respiratory distress syndrome
Sepsis and MSOD
Severe acute pancreatitis
Ventral incisional hernia repair and abdominal wall reconstruction
1. Procter, LD, Davenport DL, Bernard AC, Zwischenberger JB. General Surgical Operative Duration is Associated with Increased Risk-Adjusted Infectious Complication Rates and Length of Hospital Stay. JACS. 2010. Jan;210(1):60-5.e1-2. Epub 2009 Nov 18.
2. Procter, LD, Bernard A, Kearney P. Strangulated Appendix after Transabdominal Preperitoneal (TAPP) Inguinal Hernia Repair. Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech. 2010 Feb;20(1)e43-3.
3. Procter LD, Bernard AC, Ginn G, Kearney PA, Pienkowski D. Plank Fence Penetration into Automobiles – Implications for Prevention Initiatives, Journal of Forensic Sciences. 2011. Jan: 56 (S1), S105-S108
4. Stanley M, Davenport DL, Procter LD, Perry J, Kearney PA, Bernard AC. Acute Care Surgery Rotation Contributes Significant General Surgical Operative Volume to Residency Training Compared to Other Rotations. Journal of Trauma. 2011. March: 70(3)590-594.
5. Procter LD, Ryan Korosec, CPA, MBA, Pamela Chipko, RN, MBA, MD, Paul A Kearney, MD, Joseph Zwischenberger, MD and Andrew C Bernard, MD An Acute Care Surgery Service Generates a Positive JACS, 2013 Feb;216(2):298-301
6. Procter LD, Meier CF, Hamilton C, Gerughty AR, Overall P, Santapuram P, Davenport DL, McNamara P, Woodward J, Bernard AC. y+ cationic amino acid transport of arginine in packed red blood cells. J Surg Res. 2013 Jan;179(1):e183-7.
7. Procter LD, Draus JM, Minion D. External Iliac Artery Injury After Bicycle Accident. The American Surgeon. 2013. Mar;79(3):E119-20.
8. Carmichael SP, Procter LD, Bernard AC. A Novel Treatment for inferior mediastinal abscess via abdominal laparoscopy. J Surg Case Rep. 2012(4):7.
9. Bailey MB, Davenport DL, Procter LD, McKenzie S, Vargas HD, Morbid Obesity and Diverticulitis: Results from the ACS-NSQIP Dataset. JACS. 2013. Epub July 10,2013
9. Oyler DR, Parli SE, Bernard AC, Chang PK, Procter LD, Harned ME. Non-Opioid Management of Acute Pain Associated with Trauma: Focus on Pharmacologic Options. J Trauma. 2015. September. Accepted. JT-D-15-03481R1
10. Long K, Woodward J, Procter L, Meier C, Williams, D, Bernard A. In vitro transfusion of red blood cells results in decreased cytokine production by human T cells. J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2014. Aug;77(2):198-201