UK HealthCare's Administrative Fellowship program offers talented and aspiring professionals interested in health care administration an opportunity to experience the broad array of administrative functions of a large academic medical center. This two-year program will take fellows through a series of required and elective educational rotations to provide a mix of broad exposure and practical work experience spanning the breadth of UK HealthCare’s hospitals, colleges and administrative services.
Candidates for the administrative fellowship program are likely to have recently matriculated from a Masters in Health Administration or a Masters in Business Administration program. The successful candidate will have a proven academic record and work experience that demonstrates their ability to excel.
Fellows will be compensated during the fellowship with salary and benefits commensurate with the PGY-1 and 2 post-graduate programs. Fellows will be selected by the Fellowship Committee (members below) following an application, screening, interview and campus visit process.
Fellows will be assigned a preceptor for their two-year fellowship. Project reporting, progress evaluations, and feedback will be facilitated by the preceptor to ensure continuous competency development for the fellow. Additionally, each rotation will have an identified mentor who will oversee and provide input into the fellow’s rotation. It is anticipated that a fellow will have a project or initiative that is the focus of their effort for each rotation. Each fellow will present, at least once, a body of work that has been completed during their fellowship. This presentation could be to the Fellowship Committee, or to a UK established committee.
Fellows will receive evaluation and feedback periodically from their fellowship preceptor throughout the two-year period. Additionally, the rotation mentor will provide regular coaching and evaluation of the fellow and their work. Each fellow will receive a certificate upon completion of the fellowship.
- Justin Campbell, MBA, MSHA, FACHE
- Gloria Tyler, Administrative Assistant to the Chief Administrative Officer
- Roxie Allison, CPA, Associate Chief Financial Officer, College of Medicine
- Justin Campbell, MBA, MSHA, FACHE, Associate Hospital Adminstrator
- Rob Edwards, MBA, Chief External Affairs Officer
- J.J. Housley, PharmD, MBA, Enterprise Operations Director, UK HealthCare
- Ann Smith, MPA, FACHE, Chief Adminstrative Officer, UK HealthCare
- Jim Zembrodt, Associate Vice President, Strategic Planning
- Current Fellows
- July 19, 2016 - NAFCAS begins accepting applications
- October 3, 2016 - NAFCAS Application deadline
- October 5-14, 2016 - Phone interviews
- October 23-24, 2016 - On-site interviews in Lexington, Kentucky
- November 14, 2016 - Offer(s) extended
- July 1, 2017 - Fellow's start date
We are a proud member of the National Council on Administrative Fellowships.