UK HealthCare's Administrative Fellowship program offers talented and aspiring professionals interested in health care administration an opportunity to experience the broad array of administrative functions of a large academic medical center. This two-year program will take fellows through a series of required and elective educational rotations to provide a mix of broad exposure and practical work experience spanning the breadth of UK HealthCare’s hospitals, colleges and administrative services.
Candidates for the administrative fellowship program are likely to have recently matriculated from a Masters in Health Administration or a Masters in Business Administration program. The successful candidate will have a proven academic record and work experience that demonstrates their ability to excel.
Fellows will be compensated during the fellowship with salary and benefits commensurate with the PGY-1 and 2 post-graduate programs. Fellows will be selected by the Fellowship Committee (members below) following an application, screening, interview and campus visit process.
Justin Campbell is the overall assigned preceptor for their two-year fellowship. Project reporting, progress evaluations, and feedback will be facilitated by the preceptor to ensure continuous competency development for the fellow. Additionally, each rotation will have an identified mentor who will oversee and provide input into the fellow’s rotation. It is anticipated that a fellow will have a project or initiative that is the focus of their effort for each rotation. Fellows will have ongoing opportunities to present their work to Executive Leadership throughout the two-year duration.
Fellows will receive evaluation and feedback periodically from their fellowship preceptor throughout the two-year period. Additionally, the rotation mentor will provide regular coaching and evaluation of the fellow and their work. Each fellow will receive a certificate upon completion of the fellowship.
- Justin Campbell, MBA, MSHA, FACHE
- Kay Goldey, Office Operations Manager, Hospital Administration
- Justin Campbell, MBA, MSHA, FACHE, Associate Hospital Adminstrator
- Colleen Swartz, DNP, MSN, RN, FNAP, Vice President of Hospital Operations
- Angie Lang, MBA, Interim Chief Administrative Officer
- Gwen Moreland, DNP, RN, NE-BC, Interim Chief Nurse Executive
- Phillip Chang, MD, MBA, FAC, Chief Medical Officer
- J.J. Housley, PharmD, MBA, Assistant Operations Executive
- Tukea Talbert, DNP, RN, Assistant Operations Executive
- John Phillips, MHA, Chief of Ambulatory Services
- Byron Gabbard, Associate Vice President of Finance
- Rob Edwards, DrPH, MBA, Chief External Affairs Officer
- Jim Zembrodt, MBA, Associate Vice President of Strategic Planning
- Current Fellows & Past Fellows
- June 12, 2019 - NAFCAS begins accepting applications
- October 2, 2019 - NAFCAS Application deadline
- October 7-8, 2019 - Phone interviews
- October 20-21, 2019 - On-site interviews in Lexington, Kentucky
- November 13, 2019 - Offer(s) extended (Offer can now be extended before decision date)
- July 1, 2020 - Fellow's start date
We are a proud member of the National Council on Administrative Fellowships.